More About My 20% Time Project

Hello, I am going to tell you more about my 20% time project at school. If you read my free choice blog(Click Here to Read It) you would know that my group and I are going to teach 2nd graders math, but to keep there attention we will use snacks and play games with them.

So there are so many emotions mixed into our project, but the three main ones are; Joyful, Nervous , and a bit Overwhelmed. I will start with Joyful, I am exited that we get to go to my group and my old school and work with younger kids. Younger kids are kind of funny and innocent at the same time. Then I am also a little Nervous because I have never been a really big fan of speaking in front of others, I am not terrible at it but it is not really my cup of tea. I know we will probably just be speaking to the kids and the teacher, but they are still people and they will judge you(mostly the kids) and glare at you. Lastly I am feeling a little Overwhelmed because of all the extra work and effort we must cram into our daily schedule. We will have to leave school early  so we can walk over to the school we will teach at, and we will have a good amount of make up work to do. That is also why we have decided to go and teach once or twice a week.

Now for the month of November we do have some goals we have to accomplish, but not a lot. By the way most of our goals have something to with our mentor. Our main goal was to get a response from our mentor. We already sent it to her, but she has just responded and took the offer of being our mentor. Secondly we have to actually talk to her over the phone. We have an outline of what we are going to say we just have to read off of it and be ready for any questions. Lastly we are going to meet with our mentor(go to the school) and see what kinds of things they are working on this age. We are going to pick the day we have the least homework and try to head over. Those are our main goal for the month.

Check out my aide for more information.

One thought on “More About My 20% Time Project

1. So I love That you are saying that you are not good at something that is very hard to say and very hard to say to the world on your blog. I wish you put what you will be doing will you be teaching 1 grade kindergarten.