My Favorite Holidays

Hello, its Cheriden here and since Christmas is coming up I want to talk about some of MY personal favorite holidays of the year. My favorite holidays are Thanksgiving and of course Christmas, and I want to tell you why I love them so much.These are two holidays that I am sure everyone has some form of this holiday that they celebrate with family.

Thanksgiving

One thing I love about Thanksgiving is the wonderful food. There is mashed potato’s with gravy, vegetables, fruits, pies, puddings, cakes, fried chicken, cranberry sauce, rolls, salads, ham, and much more. As you can see I did not mention turkey, you probably thing I am crazy for forgetting the most popular dish of this holiday, but the thing is I absolutely despise TURKEY!!! I will just stick with ham. The second thing I love about Thanksgiving is that it is the time of giving THANKS! I mean it is in the name, THANKSgiving(Duh). Also I love to have a great time with Family and close friends. Lastly I like to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade on TV and eat the leftovers of the feast.

Find this image here

Christmas

I love Christmas so much for varies reasons. One thing I really love about Christmas is Christmas Spirit. Around Christmas time people seem to be more kind and loving to one another. Much like Thanksgiving, around Christmas is when family gets to come over and stay before Christmas and when we do some really good baking. My grandparents come over and stay overnight until Christmas, and we would make cakes, cookies, gingerbread things, etc. I also like to decorate the tree and our front lawn with bright lights and light shows. The tree is decorated with ornaments, lights, candy cane, and a bright star on the top. Lastly I LOVE getting gifts from loved ones, even if that is not the reason for the season.

Here are some Cool Christmas decoration Ideas 

Here are some cool Thanksgiving dessert Ideas